Common Sense
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Common Sense

Clan Forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Clan Pages
 About Common Sense
 How to Join
 Trophy Hall
League Season 4
Articles
Play Testing
Find play testers and see the play test guantlet here

Slivers/ Please comments...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
adampow
Apprentice Wizard

Slivers/ Please comments... Empty
PostSubject: Slivers/ Please comments...   Slivers/ Please comments... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 4:45 pm

MAIN:
Lands(22):
6 Mountain
6 Plains
6 Forest
4 Terramorphic Expanse

Creatures(31):
4 Sidewinder Sliver
4 Bonesplitter Sliver
4 Homing Sliver
4 Virulent Sliver
4 Watcher Sliver
4 Sinew Sliver
3 Two-Headed Sliver
2 Gemhide Sliver
1 Spinneret Sliver
1 Battering Sliver

Other spells(7):
4 Rampant Growth
3 Turn to Mist

Sideboard
4 Coordinated Barrage
4 Oblivion Ring
3 Lymph Sliver
3 Spinneret Sliver
1 Turn to Mist

Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
andymc1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Slivers/ Please comments...   Slivers/ Please comments... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 4:55 pm

At first glance I might think about changing your mana base a bit. You have 6 green mana fixing cards in there but an equal amount of each type of land. I'd favour the forests slightly. Also both of your mana fixers (Gemhide Sliver & Rampant growth) cost the same 1G. For smoother acceleration you might want to experiment with Search for Tommorow as that can be suspended for 1 green mana. Other than that it's hard to comment on the deck without testing it, looks good though Very Happy

P.S. I would switch to 4 gemhides and 2 rampant growths as well. I don't see any real advantage to using 2 growths over 2 gemhides in a sliver deck. If you were to cut the rampant growths to 2 and replace with gemhides i wouldn't object to using growth over search for tommorow as you will need that first turn mana open to get a sliver out early. Also i think that running 8 of the 4 mana costing slivers (Watcher Sliver & Bonesplitter Sliver) you will run into slow draws (not good for an aggro deck) or plain mana screw.

One other thing you could do would be a splash blue. Add one Island and one Shadow Sliver for near on unblockable creatures. Then exchange the Turn to Mists to Momentry Blinks for double usage with flashback.

Hope these comments have been constructive Smile
Back to top Go down
https://commonsense.forum.st
wildman4420
Captain
Captain
wildman4420

PostSubject: Re: Slivers/ Please comments...   Slivers/ Please comments... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 6:36 pm

In general i would agree with all Andy has said concerning your manabase and the suggested use of momentary blink Very Happy The only possible additions/changes i would suggest ( and these are open to debate Smile ) i would think about the inclusion of both aven riftwatcher ( lifegain and an evasive 2/3 flyer ) and or avian changling again evasion but gains all the enhancements provided by your slivers ( a 5/5 flanking poisonous flyer is nasty Very Happy ) it gives you evasion that can also block for you if needed ( shadow gives all your slivers evasion but the can only block or be blocked by creatures with shadow Crying or Very sad ) I would also think about cards that may protect your slivers early on when they are most vulnerable ( before you have enough toughness boost from sinew and watcher slivers ) you could consider lumitthread field it gives all ur creatures a +1 toughness bonus as long as its in play you could also play kjeldoran warcry or fortify or even surge of the thoughtweft ( which if u play a changeling also draws you a card Smile ) .The only card i am slightly uncertain about is battering sliver a good card but unless you get some lands and gemhide sliver in to play the high casting cost could make it difficult to make and impact ( unless you can accelerate your mana and get it out early generally 1 of 2 things will have happened by the time you have come to play it 1 your board will be full of slivers with boosted damage and toughness courtesy of your sinew bonesplitter and watcher slivers ( in which case battering is generally a winmore card ( yes the trample is great to get your damage through Very Happy ) or 2 it comes into play on a board where most of your slivers have been removed by direct damage or counter spells and inventive blocking and its going to have to do duty as a blocker Crying or Very sad. But i think your deck is good and hey slivers are always fun to play Very Happy I wish you every success with it.
Regards
Harry

Last edited by wildman4420 on Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
timmyhill

PostSubject: Re: Slivers/ Please comments...   Slivers/ Please comments... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 7:49 am

i would do something like this

creature base
virulent sliver- poison counters
synchronous sliver -vigilance
spinneret sliver - block flying
sinew sliver - +1/+1
shadow sliver - shadow
gemhide sliver - add one mana

then search cards
commune with nature
safewright quest
search for tomorrow
evolution charm

disruptions
Oblivion Ring
spell syphon - i would love coutner spell instead but the double BB casting cost could lead to problems

Win condtions
fortify
warrior's honor
now i'm not sure which of these to use, but i would most likely go with the fortify. i would also put some kind of artifact and enchantment removel in the sideboard just in case. its not a big deal in puaper magic but its still nice to have around.

for the mana base its pretty clear you would want Terramorphic Expanse and maybe chromatic sphere or star it would give you some extra card drawing which is never bad. i'd use 8 forest, 8 plains, 6 islands and expanse but 26 lands could be too many you'd have to test. what andy and harry said i agree with and the changling creatures are a very good idea.
Back to top Go down
http://www.inventivewoodworks.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slivers/ Please comments...   Slivers/ Please comments... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slivers/ Please comments...
Page 1 of 1