Common Sense
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Common Sense

Clan Forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Clan Pages
 About Common Sense
 How to Join
 Trophy Hall
League Season 4
Articles
Play Testing
Find play testers and see the play test guantlet here

Quitting

Go down 
+2
andymc1
tstauffer
6 posters
AuthorMessage
tstauffer
Wizard

Quitting Empty
PostSubject: Quitting   Quitting Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 11:42 pm

After having a player tell me to quit and not come back after I played two Eventide commons (turn 3), I decided that the proverbial camel's back had been broken. This is after months of dealing with players who can't read when I post Pauper Only, downright rudeness, and the sheer insanity of the interface. Perhaps I am too sensitive. Either way, I am getting stressed out more than I am having fun at this point. Not to mention the cost of these 'digital objects.' Everyone just says block, block, block and quit whining with no regard for my feelings. When I say everyone, I don't mean you guys.

I'm giving my cards to Wildman (Harry) to do with as he sees fit. All of you have been wonderful, but he has given me many cards and much friendship.

I wish you guys the best. I'd rather pay full price for paper cards and play rl, than deal with all that crap.

Oh, btw, the player who told me to leave and not come back and also that he did not have to waste his time with me was Jona108. Feel free to give the little prick a hard time for me. And as for my prize for placing in the tournament, just give it to someone else or hold it for the next set of matches.

Love,

Toni
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonistauffer.com
andymc1
Admin
Admin

Quitting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quitting   Quitting Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 4:12 am

That's sad to hear toni =(

I've had a few run ins with jona108 as well, mainly due to him being abusive shortly before quitting as soon as the first sign appear that he might not win. I've even been involved with groups (3-4 people) who are also disgusted by him enough to follow him into each of his games showering him with abuse as they go. He is just one of those people to avoid I think, or block. It's a shame that he's upset you enough to make you want to quit, that make me a bit angry :x .

Hope to see you soon.

andy
Back to top Go down
https://commonsense.forum.st
timmyhill

Quitting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quitting   Quitting Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 4:57 am

i dont think you should quit. i've been fustrated a number of times on here, mostly when i try to draft and i just make a mess of things. or when i play memory lapse and the other guy flips out cuz its a "counter spell" i would just suggest to take some time off. but dont quit your only doing what he wants u to do then.
Back to top Go down
http://www.inventivewoodworks.com
Mooncalf
Master Sorcerer
Mooncalf

Quitting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quitting   Quitting Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 8:41 am

Sorry Toni I dont understand at all. Why get so worked up by some random anonymous idiot. Just play against your fellow clanmates and people you know are decent and wellbehaving.

Just dont play randoms. I never do either. All the people in the clan and the people in the pdc chatroom are decent people in my experience.

Hope you change your mind, you're one of my few PPS opponents :p

You dont have to play against randoms you know. PPS against randoms is NP btw. Never encountered one person who was rude. They seem to cluster around the standard format.

Also it makes me angry that this one person spoils the game for you. Why not concentrate on the people you are having fun games with instead.
Back to top Go down
tstauffer
Wizard

Quitting Empty
PostSubject: Quitting   Quitting Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 10:08 am

You guys are probably right. I've had a bad week pain wise because of that stupid hurricane Fay that won't pick up an leave. Barometric pressure affects my pain levels. Also, I've been looking for a job for two weeks and the only responses I've gotten have been people trying to get me to buy into their pyramid schemes. So, feeling a bit down and stressed. In all, I've been a bit nuts of late.

So, I'm going to try your suggestions. I'm going to cut down on the time I play and block the hell out of people. I don't like blocking people. I think it is sad that I have to resort to that and so often. To me it speaks of a problem at a fundamental level and I hate to ignore problems. But, if it means my peace of mind, then okay.

I feel like I have friends here and I'm glad that you don't want me to leave. I did want to leave last night. I was hurt and angry. But today is a new day and I can see that my emotions got the best of me. Now if I can just get rid of this migraine. Wink

Love,

Toni
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonistauffer.com
wildman4420
Captain
Captain
wildman4420

Quitting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quitting   Quitting Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 11:13 am

Given that i find the level of abusiveness and poor sportsmanship is directly related to the person's level of intelligence i find it hard to believe that Jona108 actually has enough brain cells functioning to even be able to play mtgo Very Happy ( certainly not well otherwise why the abuse ? )
But seriously Toni please don't quit I know I and all your other clanmates would sorely miss your online presence ( not to mention the decks you play are alway inventive and you're great fun to play against. ( win or loose Smile ). Don't let 1 idiot spoil something that you have enjoyed in the past and as suggested by others clanmates and people in the pdc room are generally nice people to play against Very Happy .
And I for one would be very sad Crying or Very sad to see you leave mtgo and the clan .
Kindest regards
Harry
Back to top Go down
Angali
Apprentice Wizard

Quitting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quitting   Quitting Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 4:10 am

Hi Toni

I'd like to join my mates in asking you not to quit. I know how you're feeling, it has happened to me too that some people are very rude (like telling me if I have "no brains" when I make a mistake). Sometimes I just smile and think to myself what poor guys they are to act like that. But sometimes when I'm not feeling at my best it does hurt me too. Anyway, I think it's best just to ignore those people and let them fry in their own little hell. Twisted Evil
There are still enough nice people around who play the game because they just want to have fun. Like the ones in our clan. I always have lots of fun playing them and I'm proud to be a part of it.
So I hope to see you around one of these days. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Quitting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quitting   Quitting Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quitting
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Common Sense :: The Clan Hall :: Announcements-
Jump to: