Common Sense
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Common Sense

Clan Forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Clan Pages
 About Common Sense
 How to Join
 Trophy Hall
League Season 4
Articles
Play Testing
Find play testers and see the play test guantlet here

Pauper Classic - Storm Counter (U control)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jimmus
Master Wizard
Jimmus

Pauper Classic - Storm Counter (U control) Empty
PostSubject: Pauper Classic - Storm Counter (U control)   Pauper Classic - Storm Counter (U control) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 6:05 am

Hi,

I see less and less of storm these days in classic (GREAT) BUT I am still seeing it enough to add SB material to deal with it, I do however want to keep storm hate card to a minimal, efficient selection Smile

Recently i've been running my own variation of an Ulamog's Crusher + Heavy Control.

Pauper Classic - Storm Counter (U control) Ulamogs_Crusher

I SB in some storm hate in the form of the following cards in various quantities:

Pauper Classic - Storm Counter (U control) Earth_riftPauper Classic - Storm Counter (U control) HydroblastPauper Classic - Storm Counter (U control) Pyroblast
Pauper Classic - Storm Counter (U control) Seismic_ShudderPauper Classic - Storm Counter (U control) Echoing_truth66

I can afford to run low quantities of these cards because I run 4 x Mystical Teachings and usually if i counter the first 1-2 storms then I will likely have enough control to win OR i'm already dead so no point running 4 Shudders etc.

Pauper Classic - Storm Counter (U control) Mystical_Teachings

Anyway, i've recently come across a surprisingly powerful storm hate card (no idea why I hadn't seen it before); hindering touch.

Pauper Classic - Storm Counter (U control) Hindering_touch

Could this be the answer to my prayers? Not only a counter for empty the warrens but also the dreaded grapeshot?

Pauper Classic - Storm Counter (U control) Empty_the_warrensPauper Classic - Storm Counter (U control) Grapeshot

This card would allow me to drop the land hate, the seismic shudder, possibly the pyro and hydroblasts (I run a lot of other non-colour specific counter spells). Echoing Truth could be left in as an emergency fall back for goblins but also non-storm decks.

It's not cheap at Pauper Classic - Storm Counter (U control) 771603 Pauper Classic - Storm Counter (U control) 844319 but bear in mind I am running Cloudpost and Glimmerpost so usually have plenty of mana!

Pauper Classic - Storm Counter (U control) CloudpostPauper Classic - Storm Counter (U control) Glimmerpost

What is everyones opinions of hindering touch in classic format along with its consistency and effectiveness as an anti-storm power card?

Cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.jimeyre.info
JMason
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pauper Classic - Storm Counter (U control)   Pauper Classic - Storm Counter (U control) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 8:35 am

I'm scared of how that might work with large storm counts and how hard it's going to be to see which spells are currently targetted and which are not using the very clunky mtgo client :/
Back to top Go down
Jimmus
Master Wizard
Jimmus

PostSubject: Re: Pauper Classic - Storm Counter (U control)   Pauper Classic - Storm Counter (U control) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 8:55 am

Haha LOL.

"MTGO has encountered an critical error and is forced to close"

Technology aside, you like?
Back to top Go down
Jimmus
Master Wizard
Jimmus

PostSubject: Re: Pauper Classic - Storm Counter (U control)   Pauper Classic - Storm Counter (U control) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 5:38 am

Looks like my questions have been answered:

http://puremtgo.com/articles/2010-pondering-pauper
Back to top Go down
JMason
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pauper Classic - Storm Counter (U control)   Pauper Classic - Storm Counter (U control) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 1:18 pm

Hindering touch as a 1 of in a teachings deck makes sense. I suppose in any other deck you have no chance of hving one in hand by turn 3 unless you include 4, and then you're missing out on 3 other good cards in those slots.
Back to top Go down
ChrisMH77
Master Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Pauper Classic - Storm Counter (U control)   Pauper Classic - Storm Counter (U control) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 5:13 pm

The main problem with Hindering Touch is that it costs 4 and most Storm deck should have already gone off before you have the mana to cast it. I remember an old article on puremtgo that was talking about using those cards but I never see any PE lists that include it so it must either be too slow or like John said the interface makes it extremly hard to target all the spells. Just my take on it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pauper Classic - Storm Counter (U control)   Pauper Classic - Storm Counter (U control) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pauper Classic - Storm Counter (U control)
Page 1 of 1