Common Sense
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Common Sense

Clan Forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Clan Pages
 About Common Sense
 How to Join
 Trophy Hall
League Season 4
Articles
Play Testing
Find play testers and see the play test guantlet here

quick guide to bots for newbs

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mooncalf
Master Sorcerer
Mooncalf

quick guide to bots for newbs Empty
PostSubject: quick guide to bots for newbs   quick guide to bots for newbs Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 9:28 am

i noticed in clanchat some new players were asking about bots, since we have quite a few new players who also seem to be new to mtgo, i thought i'll spam some basic info about useful bots on mtgo.

notice i'm not affiliated or involved with any of them and this is just based on my personal experience, if i missed some vital info, please add to this thread
---->

*bots that give away free cards*

"MTGOTradersFreeBot" - Gives away 64 cards per account EACH MONTH (cheaper commons only, but they got quite alot, and not only bad ones)
". . . . . . guildpactbot" - 64 commons per account once
". . . . . . .0000000000S025" - 64 commons per account once
Millibot (strange username, search on classifieds) - gives away 0.05 free credit per account

*major bots of interest"

"cardbot" "cardbot1-5" "cardbuyingbot" "cardbuyingbot1-4" -> one of the oldest bots, they all share credit, always have a copy of everycard 4x, fair prices, stocked the day cards are released, will buy your cards for a good price. This bot has everything you want, except cheaper than normal prices.

basically there are loads of bots for the "normal" pricerange, but cardbot beats them all in availability and the fact that they also buy from you.

*cheaper then normal bots"

_Superbot1 + _Superbot2 -> these two share credit, most of the time they buy too, their prices normally are 10-25% less then at cardbot.
The_MTGO_Bazaar_1 + The_MTGO_Bazaar_2 -> they are also cheaper, share credit and buy, but superbot has a better collection

these 2 bots are cheap, but they dont have everything, especially the more expensive cards (so for commons you are at the right place, although they do not have everything)

*trading bots*

"Mr Creosot" -> Mr creasot trades 5 commons for 6 of yours. problem is he only takes the "better" cards usually. but if you have 0 tix and only commons for trade and need that few cards, creosot might be your bot.

*price search*

www.mtgolibrary.com lets you search on a card and find the cheapest bot

hope you will find this useful,
cheers
Back to top Go down
Mooncalf
Master Sorcerer
Mooncalf

PostSubject: Re: quick guide to bots for newbs   quick guide to bots for newbs Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 9:33 am

oh if you live outside of us and in a country with a high VAT and dont want to pay 1,20 USD per ticket, i have a very trustworthy and reliable tickettrader, contact me online if you are interested.
Back to top Go down
JMason
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: quick guide to bots for newbs   quick guide to bots for newbs Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 10:27 am

Thanks Mooncalf, this is bound to come in useful. Just FYI, there is another freebot that pays out once - i'll post the name here when I can look it up at home.

If you want I can add this information to the forum FAQ (accessible from the menu bar above).
Back to top Go down
JMason
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: quick guide to bots for newbs   quick guide to bots for newbs Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 3:00 pm

I have added free bot name . . . . . . .0000000000S025 to your original post
Back to top Go down
Empty_One
Apprentice Wizard

PostSubject: Re: quick guide to bots for newbs   quick guide to bots for newbs Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 7:19 pm

Also, If you are really new, and need a bunch of filler cards, I got a ton of cards using the wow and amulet bots, and superbuyer8. They all share credits with the superbots, and you can get anywhere from 128 to 2 commons per ticket. I suggest making a wish list of everything you need (or all of pauper filter if you're rich Smile ) and starting at superbuyer8, and then working your way down the other common bots. Resave your wishlist after every trade (wish1, wish2...) so you don't have to go hunting for cards. Just load wishlist. Once the cards stop filling in, switch to the next lower bot in the chain.

You should be able to get about 85% of all commons this way. Just make sure to check on the confirmation screen that you won't end up with more than 4 cards, as the wishlist feature is not 100% perfect.
Back to top Go down
wildman4420
Captain
Captain
wildman4420

PostSubject: Re: quick guide to bots for newbs   quick guide to bots for newbs Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 1:36 pm

Good advice empty_one sounds a good plan for the new ( or not so new player) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mattyb1874
Apprentice Wizard

PostSubject: Re: quick guide to bots for newbs   quick guide to bots for newbs Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 7:29 pm

Since I spent my first three weeks on MTGO not being able to figure to buy single cards, I figure I should share something here. I found this review of the card sellers online. I hope it helps!

http://thethriftydjinn.blogspot.com/2008/05/which-mtgo-stores-give-you-most-mana.html
Back to top Go down
JMason
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: quick guide to bots for newbs   quick guide to bots for newbs Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 3:35 pm

Don't forget about the free bots, there's a list in the forum faq.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: quick guide to bots for newbs   quick guide to bots for newbs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

quick guide to bots for newbs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Common Sense :: The Clan Hall :: New Members-
Jump to: