Common Sense
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Common Sense

Clan Forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Clan Pages
 About Common Sense
 How to Join
 Trophy Hall
League Season 4
Articles
Play Testing
Find play testers and see the play test guantlet here

Pauper Permission

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Belphegor
Young Wizard

Pauper Permission Empty
PostSubject: Pauper Permission   Pauper Permission Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 10:05 am

This is what i've come up with, i can't hardly win a game in these pauper tournaments and am hoping to change my luck with a little with this deck. Since you guys beat me on a regular basis i thought you might be willing to help me out a little. Of course i might be digging my own grave by warning you on what i'm about to play. Please Help

"No Sir You May Not"

Instants
4 x Ponder
4 x Unsummon
4 x Mana Leak
4 x Train of Thought
4 x Boomerang
4 x Convolute
4 x Cancel

Creatures
3 x Errant Ephemeron
4 x Æthersnipe

Spells
2 x Foresee
4 x Ponder
4 x Train of Thought

Lands
23 x Island

Back to top Go down
JMason
Admin
Admin

Pauper Permission Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pauper Permission   Pauper Permission Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 1:39 pm

This looks a bit like some muc decks from a year ago. The more recent mucfae lists have way more creatures, and also quicksands to be able to survive aggro onslaughts from deckss like goblins.
If you're going to do this then you really must invest in some counterspells instead of cancels, and mana leak (or even daze) for the first few turns. The unsummon and boomerang aren't really that helpful against speedy aggro decks.
Back to top Go down
Belphegor
Young Wizard

Pauper Permission Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pauper Permission   Pauper Permission Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 3:29 pm

well last night Poly posted a list of banned cards for extended pauper and couterspell was one of them, also i already have 4 x mana leak .... i thought that boomerang and unsummon would be cheap ways to get creatures off the board, what would you replace then with?
I have no idea what a muc deck is.
Back to top Go down
wildman4420
Captain
Captain
wildman4420

Pauper Permission Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pauper Permission   Pauper Permission Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 3:50 pm

MUC = (mono Blue control) a single colour deck thats main purpose is to control your opponents plays whilst allowing you to build up a winning board position. Smile
Back to top Go down
JMason
Admin
Admin

Pauper Permission Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pauper Permission   Pauper Permission Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 9:21 am

Belphegor wrote:
well last night Poly posted a list of banned cards for extended pauper and couterspell was one of them, also i already have 4 x mana leak .... i thought that boomerang and unsummon would be cheap ways to get creatures off the board, what would you replace then with?
I have no idea what a muc deck is.
Sorry, I assumed it was for classic pauper. I also was thinking about force spike, not mana leak. To my mind the things to try are permanent removal rather than bounce, so piracy charm, quicksand, serrated arrows are things to try.
Back to top Go down
JMason
Admin
Admin

Pauper Permission Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pauper Permission   Pauper Permission Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 1:49 pm

wildman4420 wrote:
MUC = (mono Blue control) a single colour deck thats main purpose is to control your opponents plays whilst allowing you to build up a winning board position. Smile
Right. Each of the colors gets a letter, so blue gets U. If you ever heard the phrase 'wooburg' you'll see how they get there from WUBRG, the color letters White, blUe, Black, Red, Green. From there you get MUC for mono blue control and MBC for mono black control.
Back to top Go down
Belphegor
Young Wizard

Pauper Permission Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pauper Permission   Pauper Permission Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 7:54 pm

lol wow, reading that made my head hurt ... but thanks for the info
Back to top Go down
andymc1
Admin
Admin

Pauper Permission Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pauper Permission   Pauper Permission Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 4:11 pm

Anyone mention Spire Golem yet? Smile

Imo the aether snipe don't really work here. To hardcast them you need 6 mana which is way too much when you need to keep mana open for counters. Try the spire golems instead, much better. The foresee are also too mana consuming imo and they are only sorceries. i would try Think Twice so you can keep mana open for the counter, if you need it. I'm sure there are much better counters than Convolute too. Train of thought is a good card when you are battling against another counter deck, maybe religate them to sb and look for some instant or lower costing alternatives.

Keep your aim in mind when building, you need to counter any threats you can't deal with with your quick sands or creatures then once you have your defence secure use your counters to protect your flying beaters. Good luck Smile

P.S. You could also try experimenting with mind stones, I haven't really seen it done in pauper but they could be worth a shot.
Back to top Go down
https://commonsense.forum.st
Belphegor
Young Wizard

Pauper Permission Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pauper Permission   Pauper Permission Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 7:36 pm

ok great! Thanks. Thats allot of good info from everyone, i appreciate it

Back to top Go down
wildman4420
Captain
Captain
wildman4420

Pauper Permission Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pauper Permission   Pauper Permission Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 8:39 pm

Seeing as you're MUC why not try running calcite snappers they can hold the board for you against most threats and with some landfall can be useful beaters if the board is clear . Very Happy never has terramorphic expanse been so useful Smile And why not some pestermites and or spellstutter sprites. ( stop that Harry or you'll turn his deck into a faeries deck Smile sometimes my ideas get the better of me Smile (generally not for the better)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pauper Permission Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pauper Permission   Pauper Permission Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pauper Permission
Page 1 of 1