Common Sense
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Common Sense

Clan Forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Clan Pages
 About Common Sense
 How to Join
 Trophy Hall
League Season 4
Articles
Play Testing
Find play testers and see the play test guantlet here

Looking for random card generator

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
zoomzilla
Young Wizard

Looking for random card generator Empty
PostSubject: Looking for random card generator   Looking for random card generator Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 12:40 pm

I have only one or two friends that play paper pauper and I'm looking to spice things up a bit by trying to find a way of drafting. None of us buy boosters, only complete commons playsets, and don't want to spend the money on more cards we don't need by purchasing boosters. So I was wondering if there is a program that would help me with this. What I'm thinking of is basically nothing more than a random number generator except the values would be card names rather than numbers. I would have to be able to set the "values" or "fields" or whatever they're called so I could insert all of the commons from Zen/wwk/roe for example and then it randomly generates a list of fifteen cards from the pool of cards I entered, giving me a virtual booster of commons only cards from whatever set or sets I want. There would also have to be a "rule" that it can't generate more than two cards of the same name per "booster". Does such a thing already exist? If not, any programmers out there, would this be an easy thing to create?
Back to top Go down
JMason
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Looking for random card generator   Looking for random card generator Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 1:27 pm

There's a few places you can look that might be more or less useful
There's a draft generator here : http://www.metacortex.hu/~fable/
And a pack generator here: http://ccgdecks.com/index.php

hope those help
Back to top Go down
zoomzilla
Young Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Looking for random card generator   Looking for random card generator Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 5:55 pm

Thank you Mason, that was exactly what I was looking for. Having never drafted I didn't even realize the problems inherent in drafting with only two players. That winston draft is perfect. I'm going to start using it with my friend immediately. If you ever want to do a winston draft just pm me. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for random card generator   Looking for random card generator Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking for random card generator
Page 1 of 1