Common Sense
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Common Sense

Clan Forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Clan Pages
 About Common Sense
 How to Join
 Trophy Hall
League Season 4
Articles
Play Testing
Find play testers and see the play test guantlet here

Hello

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
tstauffer
Wizard

Hello Empty
PostSubject: Hello   Hello Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 5:59 pm

I played MTGO a long time ago, V1 maybe, and quit because of all the rudeness and rampant mass manaburn decks. I rejoined last week and while there have been a few rude people, most people are cool. And then I received the invite from Andy to join up. Everyone has been really helpful and nice.

As for me, I'm 43 years old and I'm a mom with three boys at home. Not sure how many moms my age play. I began playing magic when Arabian Nights first hit the scene. I ended up selling most of my cards when I moved to Georgia to be with my hubby. That was like fourteen years ago. I still have some of them and play occasionally, especially when my 15 yo gets together a nasty black deck of the new sets and I have to teach him a lesson. I'm into the game to have fun. And right now I have limited spending money since I'm paying for two sets of braces, so it makes even more sense to play with commons.

There are a couple of other interesting facts about me. I'm a published horror writer. My site is www.tonistauffer.com. If anyone is good at webdesign, I could really use some help. I'm html stupid. I'm working on a book, but I'm avoiding the work right now. I've been published with authors such as Larry Niven, Joe Haldeman, and Gardener Dozois. But that was a matter of luck for the most part. I playtested DnD 4E and you can find my name in the playtester credits in the back of the Players' Handbook. I have fibromyalgia which makes my life a living hell and is why I don't do more writing. It's a chronic pain illness. Google it if you really want to know.

I look forward to meeting everyone and playing.

Toni
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonistauffer.com
timmyhill

Hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello   Hello Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 7:51 pm

hi toni

welcome to common sense. I wish I had started playing then, i only got into it just after stronghold came out. But now I have 29 complet sets, a signed mox jet and emerld and at one point i had well over 500,000 cards but i decided i wanted to be able to use my closet.

other then that i'm a woodworker its ifs wood i can make it :p

you've come to the right spot to play on a budget. i think i spend less then 20 bucks ever 3 months playing paupler.
Back to top Go down
http://www.inventivewoodworks.com
andymc1
Admin
Admin

Hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello   Hello Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 7:40 am

hello and welcome to you both Very Happy

My name's Andy and I'm a mature student studying e-media. I went back into eduction at 22 after i got tired of working dead-end jobs. I finish fulltime eduction this month then plan to do a part time degree as i work. Other than that there isn't much to tell of any interest.

I started this clan with the idea of making more people aware of all-commons magic and what it has to offer those on a tight budget or don't like the idea of spending their life savings on a 'digital product'. It's good to see that so far this seems to be working. Very Happy

PS. Hey toni. I'll have a snoop round to see if i can find anyone to help with your site.
Back to top Go down
https://commonsense.forum.st
Mr Moto
Wizard

Hello Empty
PostSubject: Hello   Hello Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 2:32 pm

Hi all. I think I'll a say a few words about me as well, then. I'm a 36 year old dane with 2 kids, who discovered Magic when Mirrodin was rolling out, and found MTGO a year later. I've enjoyed it a lot since then, and a couple of months ago I stumbled upon PDC, and have liked it since. It's a simple idea, and it solves one of the problems I've had with Magic for a long time: You might be a good player (or not), but if you don't spend enough money, it's an uphill battle trying to win, done by creating strange rogue-decks, when you can't or won't buy the dollar-cards.
Enter: PDC Smile
Suddenly the metagame is interesting again, suddenly all the little details matter again - and the fun of deck-tinkering can begin.
Back to top Go down
Mooncalf
Master Sorcerer
Mooncalf

Hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello   Hello Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 5:28 am

Hi everybody,

Really nice introductions so far. I'll write something about myself too.
My name is Martin and my ingame name is Mooncalf. I'm a 29 year old biology student from The Netherlands.

I got into paper magic during the Revised/Legends period. Parents of a friend of mine had a shop that sold mtg cards. We played there every friday afternoon. I stopped playing during the Alliances set and sold almost all of my cards (all except for a black weenie deck Smile).

I didn't play for more than 10 years until last year when i found magic workshop. I spend hours reading up on all the cards, reviewing decks, playtesting. Then i found MTGO. I made myself a ~80$ standard deck and started playing. But got bored really soon. Then i found common only magic and had really alot of fun.

So here i am, my first mtgo clan. I hope i can make some friends to play with. Have a nice chat about cards, sets and decks.

So far i have created a few classic decks and a future extended one. I will make more in the future. But the thing i play most of the time is PPS, pauper prismatic singleton.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello   Hello Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Common Sense :: The Clan Hall :: New Members-
Jump to: