Common Sense
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Common Sense

Clan Forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Clan Pages
 About Common Sense
 How to Join
 Trophy Hall
League Season 4
Articles
Play Testing
Find play testers and see the play test guantlet here

Updated PDC weekly events - PDC needs hosts

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
andymc1
Admin
Admin

Updated PDC weekly events - PDC needs hosts Empty
PostSubject: Updated PDC weekly events - PDC needs hosts   Updated PDC weekly events - PDC needs hosts Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 9:01 am

I just updated all the info on weekly events and things don't look. Several events have ceased to exist and on the ratings list on pdc.com the number of active pauper people has gone from over 100 a few months ago down to 68 prensently. This fall can probably be attributed to the novalty factor of pauper sanctioned events, as well as key event hosts not being able to carry on their events for one reason or another.

So how can we improve this? If you have some free time, any time during the week, and would like to host your own weekly event then get in touch with me and i'll get the ball rolling. You can choose whatever pauper format you like, or just make up your own format. Most hosts play in their events as well as hosting so it's not or slog for nothing Smile

Fridays and sundays don't currently have an event at all on those days so it'd be a bonus if someone could run their's then.

thanks
andy
Back to top Go down
https://commonsense.forum.st
JMason
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Updated PDC weekly events - PDC needs hosts   Updated PDC weekly events - PDC needs hosts Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 1:11 pm

You will see that the ratings have not been calculated since 10 November 2008, i.e. over 60 days ago. Given that the ratings only show players active during the last 90 days it is not surprising that it only shows 68 people. Give it another 30 days and it will show none.
I don't disagree that attendance is down, but the ratings are not a valid measure of that.
Back to top Go down
andymc1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Updated PDC weekly events - PDC needs hosts   Updated PDC weekly events - PDC needs hosts Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 2:02 pm

I stand corrected. I was under the misconception that the ratings table would not change at all, unless it was updated.

Nevertheless there is still plenty of room for new events, with 2 days completely empty and only 1 event per day for the other 5 days of the week. Four events have been retired recently leaving five still running (almost half) so that is bound to affect the population into PDC events.

The main purpose of this thread was to invite people to feel free to host their own events, and if they choose to do so but they don't know how to go about it then i will offer my help. Rather than the population is dieing. Maybe i should have chosen a different title.
Back to top Go down
wildman4420
Captain
Captain
wildman4420

PostSubject: Re: Updated PDC weekly events - PDC needs hosts   Updated PDC weekly events - PDC needs hosts Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 2:33 pm

There is also that new euro timezone classic pdc event that has started taking place on thursday evenings Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JMason
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Updated PDC weekly events - PDC needs hosts   Updated PDC weekly events - PDC needs hosts Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 3:39 pm

andymc1 wrote:
The main purpose of this thread was to invite people to feel free to host their own events, and if they choose to do so but they don't know how to go about it then i will offer my help. Rather than the population is dieing. Maybe i should have chosen a different title.
I endorse what you are proposing. 100%. Britain need lerts Very Happy
Back to top Go down
andymc1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Updated PDC weekly events - PDC needs hosts   Updated PDC weekly events - PDC needs hosts Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 7:19 pm

wildman4420 wrote:
There is also that new euro timezone classic pdc event that has started taking place on thursday evenings Very Happy

I haven't heard about that one mate. I'll check it out tomorra and see if they have a webpage or something.
Back to top Go down
wildman4420
Captain
Captain
wildman4420

PostSubject: Re: Updated PDC weekly events - PDC needs hosts   Updated PDC weekly events - PDC needs hosts Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 10:26 pm

Here's the link to last thursdays tourney on mtgo Very Happy http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=1134104.
regards Harry
Back to top Go down
andymc1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Updated PDC weekly events - PDC needs hosts   Updated PDC weekly events - PDC needs hosts Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 10:45 pm

cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
andymc1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Updated PDC weekly events - PDC needs hosts   Updated PDC weekly events - PDC needs hosts Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 1:34 pm

ok, added that to the daily events.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Updated PDC weekly events - PDC needs hosts   Updated PDC weekly events - PDC needs hosts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Updated PDC weekly events - PDC needs hosts
Page 1 of 1