Common Sense
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Common Sense

Clan Forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Clan Pages
 About Common Sense
 How to Join
 Trophy Hall
League Season 4
Articles
Play Testing
Find play testers and see the play test guantlet here

Fun idea

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
masterofmath
Apprentice Wizard

Fun idea Empty
PostSubject: Fun idea   Fun idea Icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 11:13 pm

I have a nice idea to mix things up, I was wondering if some or any of you are interested in it.

Each week, a group of players construct pauper decks based on some sort of theme or with some sort of restriction. The players will then play other members and somehow a winner (or winners) will be determined and a small prize will be awarded.

For example, for one week, players may be restricted to playing mono color decks. The next week might be creatures and land only. Another week might be ravnica block. Any sort of restriction or idea that has some interesting deckbuilding challenges would be fun. The restriction could be determined many ways.

Ideally, play would be set up to be very flexible in terms of time. Players would have a whole week to play their games, and also have flexibility as to who they might play.

I could organize this (and sponsor a very small prize for one winner) weekly.
I just need a few interested players and some feedback.
Also posted on PDC http://forums.pdcmagic.com/viewtopic.php?p=66624#66624
Back to top Go down
JMason
Admin
Admin

Fun idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fun idea   Fun idea Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 10:07 am

Hi, it's great to have a new host in the clan. There are similarities between your idea and our existing league. I'd love you to work with us in league season 5 during 2012. If that's not possible then good luck with your plan, and we'll try to suppor twhat your doing too.
jm
Back to top Go down
masterofmath
Apprentice Wizard

Fun idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fun idea   Fun idea Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 4:08 pm

JMason wrote:
Hi, it's great to have a new host in the clan. There are similarities between your idea and our existing league. I'd love you to work with us in league season 5 during 2012. If that's not possible then good luck with your plan, and we'll try to suppor twhat your doing too.
jm

I do not think the leagues fit well with what I am trying to do. The 'themes' or restrictions are the same for a bit longer than I like and they do not seem to be the type of themes and restrictions I was going for.
Back to top Go down
JMason
Admin
Admin

Fun idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fun idea   Fun idea Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 2:54 am

You have not been keeping up to date. In 2012 the league events are scheduled tournaments lasting a few hours only. Each event is whatever format the host has decided, so in that respect it's much more like altpdc, or what you're suggesting.
Back to top Go down
masterofmath
Apprentice Wizard

Fun idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fun idea   Fun idea Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 3:29 pm

JMason wrote:
You have not been keeping up to date. In 2012 the league events are scheduled tournaments lasting a few hours only. Each event is whatever format the host has decided, so in that respect it's much more like altpdc, or what you're suggesting.
Call me lazy but where is this information? This does sound a bit more interesting, even though I am not a fan of structured events.
Back to top Go down
JMason
Admin
Admin

Fun idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fun idea   Fun idea Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 4:30 pm

masterofmath wrote:
JMason wrote:
Call me lazy but where is this information? This does sound a bit more interesting, even though I am not a fan of structured events.
It's in the latest article, the year 2011 review. We'll get a programme of events up as soon as we can.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fun idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fun idea   Fun idea Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fun idea
Page 1 of 1