Common Sense
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Common Sense

Clan Forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Clan Pages
 About Common Sense
 How to Join
 Trophy Hall
League Season 4
Articles
Play Testing
Find play testers and see the play test guantlet here

Forum Banner

Go down 
+2
andymc1
JMason
6 posters
AuthorMessage
JMason
Admin
Admin

Forum Banner Empty
PostSubject: Forum Banner   Forum Banner Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 5:31 pm

The forum banner has not changed in over a year, and now that commons only is sanctioned it seems only right to change our mission statement to "Competitive Pauper Magic".

I propose that the top 8 finishers in the 2009 Common Sense league season will each win as a prize the right to choose one card image making up part of the replacement common sense forum banner to appear from 2010. I'll also stipulate that the images must be from a Magic the Gathering card with at least one common printing and also available online. If you want to be part of this then get playing and win yourself into contention.

jm
Back to top Go down
andymc1
Admin
Admin

Forum Banner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Banner   Forum Banner Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 10:40 am

Seems like a nice idea but when it comes to designing the actual banner all the clashing of colours and artwork styles might make it hard to create something that looks half decent. Anyway, I'll go for my fav card of the moment, angelic renewal. If it doesn't go with the rest then my second choice would be mulldrifter.
Back to top Go down
https://commonsense.forum.st
JMason
Admin
Admin

Forum Banner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Banner   Forum Banner Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 10:58 am

The 8 lucky people eligible for this award are jmason, wildman4420, izzet guildmage, mooncalf, timmyhill, maddog4000012, andymc1, finwe_de_van. Several of these are on Magic hiatus, so I'll send out a PM, and say that if picks are not taken by the end of January, those picks pass down to the next person(s) in the list.

I pick Clout of the Dominus with Lightning Bolt as my backup
Back to top Go down
wildman4420
Captain
Captain
wildman4420

Forum Banner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Banner   Forum Banner Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 12:43 pm

Well seeing as i get a choice ( which is a surprise ) i choose slippery bogle and as a back up giant baiting Very Happy
both of which have featured prominently in my decks ( despite which i still don't win all that many) Very Happy but hell its more about playing than winning for me.
Back to top Go down
NecroSavant543
Master Wizard

Forum Banner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Banner   Forum Banner Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 4:50 pm

You would chose bogle Wildman =P
Back to top Go down
Mooncalf
Master Sorcerer
Mooncalf

Forum Banner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Banner   Forum Banner Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 9:53 am

I like the idea Smile

My first choice: Dimir house guard
Second choice: Coalition honor guard

both guards, coincidence Smile
Back to top Go down
Izzet Guildmage
Wizard
Izzet Guildmage

Forum Banner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Banner   Forum Banner Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 3:18 am

hi,

my first choice: "Etherium Sculptor"
second choice: "Esper Stormblade"

...for some Artifact suggestions Wink

cool idea btw!
Back to top Go down
JMason
Admin
Admin

Forum Banner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Banner   Forum Banner Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 6:21 am

The picks for timmyhill, maddog4000012, finwe_de_van have not been claimed so I open this up all clan members. The first three to post will be used.
Back to top Go down
JMason
Admin
Admin

Forum Banner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Banner   Forum Banner Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 3:39 pm

Well I finally got fed up waiting for Jimmus to reappear, so I have done a crash course in image editing and knocked up our new banner myself. I'm sure the winners of our little competition will be pleased to finally see the reuults of all that waiting.
jm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Forum Banner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Banner   Forum Banner Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forum Banner
Page 1 of 1