Common Sense
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Common Sense

Clan Forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Clan Pages
 About Common Sense
 How to Join
 Trophy Hall
League Season 4
Articles
Play Testing
Find play testers and see the play test guantlet here

League season 2011 discussion

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
JMason
Admin
Admin

League season 2011 discussion Empty
PostSubject: League season 2011 discussion   League season 2011 discussion Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 7:56 am

I'm opening discussion on next seasons leagues. I'd like feedback on this years rounds to help me plan next years. So far I know that I want to run 6 rounds, and some number of special events.

There will be at least 1 limited round, I think sealed constructed based on boosters randomly generated from a select card pool.

We don't want to do all of classic, extended, standard and SOM block, so opinions are welcomed on which are least popular of these. Past experience says standard and classic will be top. I'd probably drop block, and possibly extended, round 3.8 will clarify how popular it is. If there's any call for SOM block then we're looking at June to October, the earlier the better since people seem to get bored of block quickly. Based on that we have the usual issue with standard, do we do it before or after rotation. I'm thinking September, after the M2012 release, while there are still 2 complete blocks in standard.

That leaves us with 2 or 3 rounds to decide. If we don't do SOM block then an old block could be fun, something like RAV block or Lorwyn spring to mind, or it could be something more obscure.

We then have singleton formats, prismatic singleton, standard singleton, rainbow stairwell, 100 singleton etc.

Or there are oddballs like alphabet, byos, monocast, creature feature etc.

What do you think about a round of Peasant (pauper + 5 uncommons)?

Looking forward to your comments.

Last edited by JMason on Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ChrisMH77
Master Wizard

PostSubject: Re: League season 2011 discussion   League season 2011 discussion Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 9:54 am

I am up for just about anything. I don't think we should do BYOS again, was one of the lowest turn outs this year. Creature Feature was one of my favorite rounds that we did this year and would love to do that again next year at some point. Standard and Standard Singleton both did well and either one should do well again. Looking forward to doing another sealed round with a more balanced card pool so not as many people lose interest as fast. Peasent would be fun, I know there are a few of us in the clan that play the Peasent PRE often so that could have a good turn out. Like I said already, I will play anything so I am open to any format.
Back to top Go down
InsanePete
Wizard

PostSubject: Re: League season 2011 discussion   League season 2011 discussion Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 5:20 am

Whats first round, I vote peasant or classic as a close second! I hate missing leagues Sad Next semester I will have time from 8am-5pm pacific as I am taking night courses only, count me in for next league! Hope it starts soon in the new year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: League season 2011 discussion   League season 2011 discussion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

League season 2011 discussion
Page 1 of 1