Find play testers and see the play test guantlet here

Share | 

Hello from Copperfield/Cabel on MTGO

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Copperfield
Young Wizard

PostSubject: Hello from Copperfield/Cabel on MTGO   Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:40 am

Got an invite from JMason this evening (morning? I'm an insomniac) to join. I'm Copperfield over on PDCMagic and PureMTGO. I've been writing articles on Standard (dear god, it's Sunday...my self-imposed deadling is tomorrow!) and am also participating in the Great Designer Search 2 (or at least I'm studying for the test like it was the NYC Bar Exam...)

So it was a nice interruption to rediscover this place. I say rediscover because I thought I'd never seen this before. I went to get register, and turns out my email's already in the system. Blast those Spammers! But then I just put in my email and here I was. I must have forgotten about my own self...

And with that, here I am. I know nothing about clans or league play, how it works, when to play, who to play, how to report. I'm sure I'll figure it out if this site is anywhere near as good as PDC, which at first glace, it certainly looks so. Thanks, JMason, keep up the good work, and cya round!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
victorBike
Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Copperfield/Cabel on MTGO   Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:59 am

Welcome cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Copperfield
Young Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Copperfield/Cabel on MTGO   Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:08 pm

Thanks victorBike...four months later...

Wow....I have been woefully inactive here :-( Four months and this only my second post? I shall commence reparations immediately. I believe this stems from my lack of knowledge on league play and how clans work in general. Is there a primer somewhere on how this works? I'll troll around and look and see if I can't find this out too, but any help would be super cool. Things are PEZ right now, so when things go back to Pauper, I hope to participate. Also, I'm pretty damn broke, no tix for registration costs, all my cards come from credit from writing...

Also, I've got to stop playing only when there are PDCMagic PRE's and start testing with the good folks who brought me here. I should and shall do so...it's just common sense!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JMason
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Copperfield/Cabel on MTGO   Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:55 pm

Hi Copperfield (you're not the policeman blogger of the same name are you?). There's a link to the league info centre on the left of this page where you should be able to find most of the answers. I hope you will be able to join in the league, and as I always say, I'll do my best to hook you up with any help you need to find cards, there's often someone who can lend or donate what's needed. About the entry fee; having a prize pool is what gives the competition an edge. We did try doing free entry, but the participation dropped off. People want the chance of winning something. If you don't have 1 tix I may accept something of similar value, you mentioned bot credit for instance, or you might have some promos or foils or something that might make a prize. There might even be someone who would sponsor you for 1 round. Hope we see you for round 2, it's standard singleton.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Copperfield
Young Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Copperfield/Cabel on MTGO   Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:23 pm

Thanks again, JMason. I believe I will make Standard Singleton as I play mostly regular Standard anyway. 1 tix ain't much, I've got a precious few left, this sounds worth it. Standard Singleton will be quite refreshing too: no more freakin' Squadron Hawks!!

I think I've figured out the whole clan thing, though: You guys all have funny little purple squiggly things next to your names in the chatroom windows, and I finally discovered the "Clan" chatroom feature in the teeny tiny space below the ingeniously designed (snark) chat space in the client. Coolness. That's what happens when all you have to play on is the smallest laptop available.

BTW, no I'm not that blogger. On the blogs, my handle is Soundpolitic, and the focus is mainly leftist rabblerousing as it relates to American politics. Probably not of much interest to folks here. BUT! I did connect American politics and Pauper Magic once in this blog about a year ago. Actually, reading that is quite a good way to introduce myself as well. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JMason
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Copperfield/Cabel on MTGO   Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:30 am

That's great news copperfield. The funny purple thing is the 'clan shield', it represents a helmeted man behind a medieval style shield, but I always think it looks like a pail of icecream myself.

What you say about the chat window makes me think I need to create a page here for new starters with advice on stuff like that. Really wizards aren't hhelping.

See you next round.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Copperfield
Young Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Copperfield/Cabel on MTGO   Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:19 pm

JMason wrote:
What you say about the chat window makes me think I need to create a page here for new starters with advice on stuff like that. Really wizards aren't hhelping..

That would be a fantastic piece!

I fault the Hasbro corporate overlords as being the disincentive force behind making life hard for Paupers especially. I play mainly Standard Pauper and usually end up having to test my decks against Classic decks. There should be a rarity restriction filter in the create new game window too. Little check-boxes for basic, common, uncommon, rare, and mythic would work wonders for all manner of players. Default could be all checked for all legal, and players who hate Planeswalkers could uncheck mythic; Peasants could uncheck mythic and rare; us Paupers could leave only basic and common checked; and Momir Basic players would have a nifty new way to create their games. I'll probably compose an e-mail to Mark Rosewater in that regard.

Alrighty then, I feel I'm properly introduced. Thanks for all your help!

Sleep
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Copperfield/Cabel on MTGO   

Back to top Go down

Hello from Copperfield/Cabel on MTGO
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Common Sense :: The Clan Hall :: New Members-
Jump to: