0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
JMason
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Poll - Round 3.7   Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:57 pm

Round 3.7 is looming, so a poll is in order. We've played a lot of standard lately, and also some limited, so this time we need to open up the whole pauper pool. Here are a few ideas for you ...

Unicast: everything in the deck that's not a land has to have the same casting cost, e.g. 3.

Pauper Prismatic Singleton: 250 card singleton decks with at least 20 cards of each colour.

BYOS: Build your own Standard, pick cards from any 2 blocks and one core set.

This poll will run for 30 days from now (20:57 utc on 19th August)
jm

Last edited by JMason on Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:21 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NecroSavant543
Master Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Poll - Round 3.7   Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:46 am

I think a build your own standard would be better than any of the other options. Unicast is a frustrating and gimicy format in my opinion. BYOB and PPS are also formats that I find particularly not fun.

Build Your Own Standard (BYOS) has a lot of flexibility to not only allow newer players with limited collections to join in, but also lets people who want to branch out to the classic card pool do so. It gives a lot of options for new and creative deck ideas while still letting people play with their old favorite standard deck if they want to. It's a fun and flexible format that I think players would enjoy having to play for a month.

Just my thoughts. I probably won't have time to play either way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JMason
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Poll - Round 3.7   Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:43 am

OK Necro, you make good sense, so I've changed it to BYOS.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NecroSavant543
Master Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Poll - Round 3.7   Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:16 am

Cosider my "other" vote for BYOS then =)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChrisMH77
Master Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Poll - Round 3.7   Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:51 pm

I voted for Unicast because it was what looked interesting at the time. If BYOS would have been there i would have voted for that instead. Can I have my vote changed?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JMason
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Poll - Round 3.7   Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:23 am

ChrisMH77 wrote:
I voted for Unicast because it was what looked interesting at the time. If BYOS would have been there i would have voted for that instead. Can I have my vote changed?
Chris, I've activated vote cancelling for you. You can then revote for another choice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChrisMH77
Master Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Poll - Round 3.7   Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:59 pm

Thanks John Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zoomzilla
Young Wizard

PostSubject: sealed draft possibility   Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:37 am

This isn't something that would be able to be in the league, but there is the possibility of doing pauper sealed drafts and I wonder if there would be enough interest to try it out. Jmason led me to http://www.metacortex.hu/~fable/
There is a wonderful pauper cube draft application on here that can accommodate between 2-10 players, though I wouldn't recommend less than 4. If all players participating in the draft had all the available cards for whatever draft they were doing(you can mix and match between all sets) they could save their decklist and rejoin in mtgo to play. This would require some organization among players to determine pairings, but I think it would be fun. The only drawback I can see is that players must have all available cards for that draft. There's also a great Winston draft option for two people on that site that I've used and it's great. If anybody ever wants to Winston draft look me up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NecroSavant543
Master Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Poll - Round 3.7   Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:24 pm

I don't know if draft is a good idea for a league since you really would have to schedule them to make them work right. We've done clan drafts before with Fablex's tool, and I have a pauper cube for it. I know ChrisMH77 was interested in running some of them, but interest comes and goes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JMason
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Poll - Round 3.7   Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:31 pm

I won't say we'll never do league drafts, it's just very hard to bring everyone together at one time. What happened last time was a series of 4 or 5 little draft pods of around 3 people each, sometimes with massive assistance from people who'd already drafted a pool just for the benefit of 1 new player. That's why I settled on sealed constructed for the last limited event,and I'll always favour sealed over draft in future because it disappoints fewest people.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JMason
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Poll - Round 3.7   Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:43 pm

By popular vote round 3.7 is Bring Your Own Standard. Good choice. Good luck everyone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JMason
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Poll - Round 3.7   Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:32 pm

I find that there is a ban list for normal BYOS (http://puremtgo.com/articles/rogue-play-self-service). What do you think about possibly banning the few common cards from that list? Notably Disciple of the Vault (Gush isn't in any official set). The bannings might not be justified without rares and uncommons.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChrisMH77
Master Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Poll - Round 3.7   Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:33 pm

I feel that if there is a ban list for regular BYOS then the commons on that banned list should be banned in pauper BYOS. It's not that many cards but they could cause trouble even at pauper level. Just my opinion on the matter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poll - Round 3.7   

Back to top Go down

Poll - Round 3.7
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1