Common Sense
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Common Sense

Clan Forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Clan Pages
 About Common Sense
 How to Join
 Trophy Hall
League Season 4
Articles
Play Testing
Find play testers and see the play test guantlet here

Round 3.5 Voting

Go down 
5 posters

Limited format for round 3.5 should be?
Big Bag Random Booster Sealed Deck
Round 3.5 Voting Vote_lcap80%Round 3.5 Voting Vote_rcap
 80% [ 8 ]
Duplicate Sealed
Round 3.5 Voting Vote_lcap20%Round 3.5 Voting Vote_rcap
 20% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 10

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
JMason
Admin
Admin

Round 3.5 Voting Empty
PostSubject: Round 3.5 Voting   Round 3.5 Voting Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 2:56 pm

This poll is for round 3.5 only. It's high time we gave limited formats a chance, and there are two choices here, duplicate sealed and big bag random booster sealed deck. I am not offering draft or cube draft on this occasion owing to the difficulty of getting everyone online at one time. I'm also not giving you any additional choices about sets, and it won't be a standard format since 3.4 and 3.6 are both standard formats. You'll get around 10 days to study your pool once this poll ends (30 June), so make sure you register early if the random format wins Smile

Big Bag Random Booster Sealed Deck format
All players are given different card lists of 8 randomly generated booster packs. You use your list as though it was real boosters you had opened, but you must provide the actual cards yourself. You will only be able to use the common cards from your pool. You may use as many copies of each card as are in your pool, even if that is more than 4. You may use as many basic lands as you wish. Proxies are allowed. Minimum deck size is 40 cards, and you can change your deck between matches. You may choose no sideboard, or a board of all of your unused cards. The sets to be used will be in the 'big bag' format, which means that each pack will be from a randomly determined set (to be fair to everyone there will be a bias towards recent sets). All lists will be available for inspection on this forum. Random packs will be generated on the CCGDecks site link.
Note: if I can find an alternate way to generate commons only boosters then there will be 6 boosters instead.

Duplicate Sealed format
All players are given an identical card list of approximately 115 cards. You use your list as though it was a real pile of cards you had opened, but you must provide the actual cards yourself. You may use as many copies of each card as are in your pool, even if that is more than 4. You may use as many basic lands as you wish. Proxies are allowed. Minimum deck size is 40 cards, and you can change your deck between matches. You may choose no sideboard, or a board of all of your unused cards. The sets to be used will be from any set (to be fair to everyone there will be a bias towards recent sets). I can use one of the duplicate pools available on the PDCMagic site, or I can ask resident genius NecroSavant543 to create us a new pool.
Back to top Go down
NecroSavant543
Master Wizard

Round 3.5 Voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 3.5 Voting   Round 3.5 Voting Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 4:32 pm

Resident genius?? HA. Haven't you been working on a pool for the league JMason? Maybe I'm making things up, but I remember us having a discussion about it I think.

I actually have quite a few great pools, and Kingritz just came up with a new pool that Boin and I have been testing that's AMAZING and a remarkable amount of fun. Just let me know.

Btw, if you like duplicate sealed ALTPDC is having a duplicate sealed tourney on this Monday at 8:00 PM EST if anyone is interested. Should be a blast.

It also appears I'm the only one that voted for duplicate sealed. Oh well. Maybe if the other 70 people in the clan visited this website ever we could actually get some results.
Back to top Go down
wildman4420
Captain
Captain
wildman4420

Round 3.5 Voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 3.5 Voting   Round 3.5 Voting Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 4:53 pm

Wot people visiting the clan forum that would never catch on Smile
Back to top Go down
JMason
Admin
Admin

Round 3.5 Voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 3.5 Voting   Round 3.5 Voting Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 2:16 pm

I'm sensing that the random format is going to win the poll.
If that does happen then I will be generating card pools with a bias toward newer sets. Here is my current list of sets and biases. You''ll see that recent sets are 4 times more likely than old sets, and twice as likely as middling sets.
Mirage 1
Visions 1
Weatherlight 1

Tempest 1
Stronghold 1
Exodus 1
Urza's Saga 1
Invasion 1
Planeshift 1
Apocalypse 1
Seventh Edition 1
Odyssey 1
Torment 1
Judgment 1
Onslaught 1
Legions 1
Scourge 1
Eighth Edition 2
Mirrodin 2
Darksteel 2
Fifth Dawn 2
Champions of Kamigawa 2
Betrayers of Kamigawa 2
Saviors of Kamigawa 2
Ninth Edition 2
Ravnica 2
Guildpact 2
Dissension 2
Coldsnap 2
Time Spiral 2
Planar Chaos 2
Future Sight 2
Tenth Edition 4
Lorwyn 4
Morningtide 4
Shadowmoor 4
Eventide 4
Shards of Alara 4
Conflux 4
Alara Reborn 4
Magic 2010 4
Zendikar 4
Worldwake 4
Rise Of The Eldrazi 4
Masters Edition 1 1
Masters Edition 2 1
Masters Edition 3 1

*** update *** some sets not available on the pack generator.

And here are a few sample packs using the formula:
1. Conflux, Stronghold, Mirrodin, Urza's Saga, Conflux, Worldwake , Future Sight, Visions
2. Shadowmoor, Lorwyn, Guildpact, Morningtide, Future Sight, Alara Reborn, Conflux, Visions
3. Urza's Saga, Time Spiral, Shadowmoor, Eventide, Scourge, Worldwake , Alara Reborn, Saviors of Kamigawa
4. Ninth Edition, Betrayers of Kamigawa, Eighth Edition, Masters Edition 1, Worldwake , Lorwyn, Ninth Edition, Lorwyn
5. Betrayers of Kamigawa, Rise Of The Eldrazi, Mirrodin, Future Sight, Alara Reborn, Time Spiral, Ravnica, Alara Reborn

Tell me what you think.

Last edited by JMason on Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ChrisMH77
Master Wizard

Round 3.5 Voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 3.5 Voting   Round 3.5 Voting Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 3:30 pm

However you want to do it is fine by me. I just hope we dont end up playing another std format from using more newer sets.
Back to top Go down
NecroSavant543
Master Wizard

Round 3.5 Voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 3.5 Voting   Round 3.5 Voting Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 2:25 am

New cards look ugly though.
Back to top Go down
mwkelley
Young Wizard

Round 3.5 Voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 3.5 Voting   Round 3.5 Voting Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 1:19 am

I voted for Dup Sealed, but Big Bag sounds fun too. I'll pitch in my tix when I get a chance.

I was glad to see the big turnout last round, even though I only had time for a few matches myself. Hope it keeps on growin'.
Back to top Go down
NecroSavant543
Master Wizard

Round 3.5 Voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 3.5 Voting   Round 3.5 Voting Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 11:48 pm

Finally someone is seeing the light! Maybe I can convince a few more people to vote for duplicate sealed.
Back to top Go down
JMason
Admin
Admin

Round 3.5 Voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 3.5 Voting   Round 3.5 Voting Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 2:55 pm

Here's a sample list. I might be able to supply these as downloadable .txt files if I have time.

1 Kami of Empty Graves
1 Stingscourger
1 Mogg War Marshal
1 Order of the Sacred Bell
1 Tibor and Lumia
1 Blazing Blade Askari
1 Reality Acid
1 Sakura-Tribe Scout
1 Silhana Ledgewalker
1 Wrath of God
1 Matsu-Tribe Birdstalker
1 Lightning Greaves
1 Cancel
1 Vulshok Berserker
1 Pyrite Spellbomb
1 Soaring Hope
1 Slith Strider
1 Raise the Alarm
1 Kithkin Greatheart
1 Hornet Harasser
1 Oran-Rief Survivalist
1 Oran-Rief Recluse
1 Scarwood Treefolk
1 Ghost Warden
1 Deathspore Thallid
1 Paralyzing Grasp
1 Makindi Shieldmate
1 Battering Wurm
1 Hematite Golem
1 Whitemane Lion
1 Tin Street Hooligan
1 Ebony Owl Netsuke
1 Shrieking Grotesque
1 Boggart Loggers
1 Wood Elves
1 Gnat Miser
1 Zektar Shrine Expedition
1 Healing Leaves
1 Undertaker
1 Wistful Thinking
1 Giant Harbinger
1 Cowed by Wisdom
1 Mind Rot
1 Boggart Birth Rite
1 Synchronous Sliver
1 Sentry Oak
1 Seat of the Synod
1 Dead/Gone
1 Strangling Soot
1 Surrakar Marauder
1 Soulbright Flamekin
1 Clockwork Condor
1 Lairwatch Giant
1 Thallid Germinator
1 Boggart Mob
1 Magus of the Candelabra
1 Crash Landing
1 War Elemental
1 Baleful Stare
1 Torii Watchward
1 Cloudpost
1 Death Denied
1 Enrage
1 Promised Kannushi
1 Leaden Myr
1 Pyrohemia
1 Thoughtcast
1 Scab-Clan Mauler
1 Murmurs from Beyond
1 Swamp
1 Paradise Plume
1 Orcish Cannonade
1 Drowned Rusalka
1 Balduvian Barbarians
1 Rampaging Baloths
1 Stormfront Riders
1 Petrahydrox
1 Benalish Commander
1 Akki Underling
1 Sprout
1 Ronin Cavekeeper
1 Slaughter Cry
1 Irradiate
1 Nikko-Onna
1 Ravenous Trap
1 Reverence
1 Warrior's Honor
1 Venarian Glimmer
1 Beastmaster's Magemark
1 Orzhov Basilica
1 Grizzly Bears
1 Prodigal Pyromancer
1 Izzet Signet
1 Gustcloak Cavalier
1 Galvanic Key
1 Reckless Scholar
1 Tarfire
1 Suntail Hawk
1 Leonin Bladetrap
1 Trapmaker's Snare
1 Gruul Signet
1 Molten Slagheap
1 Lignify
1 Aven Flock
1 Veiling Oddity
1 Giant Spider
1 Prowess of the Fair
1 Gossamer Phantasm
1 Shade of Trokair
1 Fugitive Wizard
1 Trespasser il-Vec
1 Pyromatics
1 Seascape Aerialist
1 Peppersmoke
1 Vastwood Gorger
1 Mountain
1 Steppe Lynx
1 Oblivion Ring
1 Kraken's Eye
1 Oni of Wild Places
Back to top Go down
JMason
Admin
Admin

Round 3.5 Voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 3.5 Voting   Round 3.5 Voting Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 2:03 am

We have a winner. Random Booster Constructes beats Duplicate Constructed by 8 votes to 2. I'll try to get the card pools generated for those who have already registered as sson as possible.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Round 3.5 Voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 3.5 Voting   Round 3.5 Voting Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 3.5 Voting
Page 1 of 1