Common Sense
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Common Sense

Clan Forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Clan Pages
 About Common Sense
 How to Join
 Trophy Hall
League Season 4
Articles
Play Testing
Find play testers and see the play test guantlet here

Common Sense League Season 2.2 Draftling

Go down 
+2
Gromhan
timmyhill
6 posters
AuthorMessage
timmyhill

Common Sense League Season 2.2 Draftling Empty
PostSubject: Common Sense League Season 2.2 Draftling   Common Sense League Season 2.2 Draftling Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 5:04 am

Common Sense League Season 2.2 (Lor/Sha Draft)

This round will be Lorwyn / Shadowmoor Draft

The rounds starts Febuary 28 and will run till around the end of March.

Each player can play up to 20 matches for the length of the round which will be 4 weeks. Players can only play each other twice. Matches should be setup as best 2/3 and set for an unlimited time. Please make sure your deck only uses commons. The results can be reported to Wildman4420, Andymc1 or myself Timmyhill either in game or here in a pm. Please report results as follows: "I beat player B 2-1"

Draft rules:

Your deck must be a min of 40 cards made from the cards picked in the draft. And game format will have to be free form.

To do this draft we will be using the draftling found at www.pdcmagic.com you will need to create an account there ahead of time.
The draft its self will be held this saturday starting at 9am est time. If this is a problem for anyone please let me know when a better time might be.
In order to use the draftling there has to be a min of 5 people in the queue ready to draft or it wont start. Once the draft is over a new window will open with all the selected cards. This list must be sent to me in a pm here on the fourm as a precaution to prevent cheating. (not that i think it would be a problem) once the draft is over and you send me the list if there are any cards on the list you wish to use but dont have please inform me of what they are and i will post them in the forum and get them for you. (this way not everyone will know what you want to play)

The first phase of this round we will draft 3 packs of lorwyn, then about half way through we will draft again with 3 packs of shadowmoor.

To participate you must donate atleast one mtgo event ticket before you start any league matches.

Prizes will be awarded as follows.
Finishing pos. Payout
1st 50% of prize fund
2nd 25% of prize fund
3rd 15% of prized fund
4th 5% of prize fund
5th 5% of prize fund

Below is a list of clan meambers who are playing this round.
If your name isnt on this list please reply to this post or pm me and i will add you asap. Results will be updated wednesday and sunday morning.

timmyhill - 1 ticket --- paid timmyhill
jmason - 2 tickets --- paid timmyhill
mooncalf -1 ticket --- paid timmyhill
shabbawoo - 1 ticket --- paid timmyhill

gatorg --- too much lag
Dr_Zaius--- too much lag
angali--- too much lag

Last edited by timmyhill on Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:05 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.inventivewoodworks.com
timmyhill

PostSubject: Re: Common Sense League Season 2.2 Draftling   Common Sense League Season 2.2 Draftling Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 5:08 am

i am really looking forward to this, i have always found drafts to be fun and they are a great way to imporve deck building skills. as helpful hint it is wise to study up on the lorwyn and shadowmoor spoilers you can find them here http://ww2.wizards.com/gatherer/ oh and it looks like i keep spellin lorwyn wrong sry.
Back to top Go down
Gromhan
Apprentice Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Common Sense League Season 2.2 Draftling   Common Sense League Season 2.2 Draftling Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 2:47 pm

I will not be able to join you on the Saturday drafting, as I head from work to a wedding event. I'll will check on the forums again to see if a group of people have picked out another time, and determine what I can do from there. If I am the stand alone in this problem, I can just sit the event out.
Back to top Go down
timmyhill

PostSubject: Re: Common Sense League Season 2.2 Draftling   Common Sense League Season 2.2 Draftling Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 7:36 pm

gromhan we should be able to work something else out what time would ge good for you?

does anyone else have a problem making it on saturday?
Back to top Go down
JMason
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Common Sense League Season 2.2 Draftling   Common Sense League Season 2.2 Draftling Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 3:40 pm

I don't think I can make it on Saturday. 9am est will be 2pm gmt, and i'm going to be working 7-12 that day, then I need to go birthday shopping in the afternoon.
Back to top Go down
Gromhan
Apprentice Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Common Sense League Season 2.2 Draftling   Common Sense League Season 2.2 Draftling Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 3:45 pm

Provided my work schedule stays the same I should be able to do it Tuesday - Thursday after 3pm est. Worst case, I'm sure the following weekend I will have time. Things are crazy with my fiancee's sister's wedding and my own coming soon... Less than 8 weeks! Agh!!
Back to top Go down
Mooncalf
Master Sorcerer
Mooncalf

PostSubject: Re: Common Sense League Season 2.2 Draftling   Common Sense League Season 2.2 Draftling Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 6:58 pm

quick question wouldnt it be nice to do alara-conflux instead since those are all new cards?
Back to top Go down
timmyhill

PostSubject: Re: Common Sense League Season 2.2 Draftling   Common Sense League Season 2.2 Draftling Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 5:34 am

the draftling doesnt support those sets yet
Back to top Go down
JMason
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Common Sense League Season 2.2 Draftling   Common Sense League Season 2.2 Draftling Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 7:39 am

The first 4 of us just got done with our draft, it went smoothly and I now have a mainly blue/green pool to play with. Hope I can build a decent deck now. Good luck everyone else with the league.
Back to top Go down
timmyhill

PostSubject: Re: Common Sense League Season 2.2 Draftling   Common Sense League Season 2.2 Draftling Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 7:45 am

it did indeed go smoothly and was pretty quick i think it was less then 30 mins
Back to top Go down
timmyhill

PostSubject: Re: Common Sense League Season 2.2 Draftling   Common Sense League Season 2.2 Draftling Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 11:39 am

to keep things fair i can either pm my cardlist to anyone who request it or i can post it right here in the fourm. i only suggest this because i seem to be ending up doing more then one draft to fill up spots in the queue. let me know if this is needed
Back to top Go down
tstauffer
Wizard

PostSubject: Draftling   Common Sense League Season 2.2 Draftling Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 1:21 pm

Can we organize another draft? I couldn't make Saturday. I'm in the est time zone and can usually do anytime after 1pm.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonistauffer.com
timmyhill

PostSubject: Re: Common Sense League Season 2.2 Draftling   Common Sense League Season 2.2 Draftling Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 5:21 am

i hope to do our second draft for the leauge this sunday between 8 and 9 am est time. please let me know if this will work for everyone
Back to top Go down
Zaius
Apprentice Wizard

PostSubject: dunno about 8-9 am est   Common Sense League Season 2.2 Draftling Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 3:18 pm

that's 5-6 am pacific, i wouldn't put money on my attendance in spite of my best intentions. 8-9 am pacific is more realistic for me which is 11-12 am est and 3-4 pm gmt. 9-10 am pacific is even better for me; allows time for me to caffeinate adequately to prevent me from drooling torpidly onto my keyboard.
Back to top Go down
timmyhill

PostSubject: Re: Common Sense League Season 2.2 Draftling   Common Sense League Season 2.2 Draftling Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 7:45 pm

alright that acully sounds like a better time for everyone. 11-12 est time it is then... i might run out and get some lunch before but i should be back in lots of time. wouldnt be the first time i went for tacos at 10.30 in the morning

thanks for the feedback
Back to top Go down
JMason
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Common Sense League Season 2.2 Draftling   Common Sense League Season 2.2 Draftling Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 3:04 pm

timmyhill wrote:
alright that acully sounds like a better time for everyone. 11-12 est time it is then... i might run out and get some lunch before but i should be back in lots of time. wouldnt be the first time i went for tacos at 10.30 in the morning

thanks for the feedback
3pm gmt, prior engagement, sorry
Back to top Go down
timmyhill

PostSubject: Re: Common Sense League Season 2.2 Draftling   Common Sense League Season 2.2 Draftling Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 7:15 pm

well maybe we should have 2 then one for the eourpe time zones and one for north american?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Common Sense League Season 2.2 Draftling   Common Sense League Season 2.2 Draftling Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Common Sense League Season 2.2 Draftling
Page 1 of 1