Common Sense
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Common Sense

Clan Forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Clan Pages
 About Common Sense
 How to Join
 Trophy Hall
League Season 4
Articles
Play Testing
Find play testers and see the play test guantlet here

Ideas for clan league #5

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
andymc1
Admin
Admin

Ideas for clan league #5 Empty
PostSubject: Ideas for clan league #5   Ideas for clan league #5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 6:22 am

The time has come to start thinking about the format for our next league. Feel free to reply with any ideas you have.

I'd like to sugguest the format which didn't quite win the poll last time around, Rainbow Stairwell. In Rainbow Stairwell you must have 6 spells of each colour and 6 spells which only have colourless mana in their mana cost. In each colour you must have cards ranging from a converted mana cost of 1, through to 6. No spells with multi colour or hybrid colour in their mana cost are allowed. This leaves 24 slots in your deck for land(decks must be 60 cards), of which 20 must be basic lands and 4 non-basic.

As far as bannings go the only card which seems to benefit too much from the format rules is guardian of the guildpact. So i would like to sugguest we ban that if this option wins the poll.

cheers
andy
Back to top Go down
https://commonsense.forum.st
Mooncalf
Master Sorcerer
Mooncalf

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for clan league #5   Ideas for clan league #5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 10:02 am

Rainbow stairwell seems nice. Although in playtesting i found out pauper rbs decks tend to be not that different from each other.

Other ideas i can think of:

-prismatic (problem deckbuilding takes some time with 250 cards)
-prismatic singleton (same problem as with normal prismatic but since you can only use each card (ex. basic lands) only once this will cost even more time)
-60 card singleton
-vanguard (only choice you have are the 5 free avatars everyone has, i guess)
-multiplayer (getting >2 people together will be a practical problem)
-drafting (not sure how timmy wants to do this, drafting uses unopened boosters right?)
-something with a specific block or blocks...

or a combination like

60card singleton shm/alara block constructed
Back to top Go down
JMason
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for clan league #5   Ideas for clan league #5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 10:23 am

Mooncalf wrote:

-drafting (not sure how timmy wants to do this, drafting uses unopened boosters right?)
There's a tool on pdcmagic called draftling. It creates virtual packs of all commons so that you can do an all commons draft. It's a virtual draft, so it only allows you to do the draft portion. You would then have to already own the cards you drafted, or be able to borrow or buy them to play out the swiss part of the draft.
Back to top Go down
wildman4420
Captain
Captain
wildman4420

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for clan league #5   Ideas for clan league #5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 9:24 pm

I have never tried drafting in any form but the idea sounds interesting the only problem i could see would be getting enough people online at the sametime to run a draft ( i recall when it was being run in the Alt format part of pdcmagic i'm not sure what day it was being done on even they struggled to get enough people to form more than 1 draft queue Crying or Very sad >But if we could do it i would be more than happy to give it a try and in the event of people not having the cards they have drafted i might be able to loan them if i have them in my card pool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for clan league #5   Ideas for clan league #5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ideas for clan league #5
Page 1 of 1