Common Sense
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Common Sense

Clan Forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Clan Pages
 About Common Sense
 How to Join
 Trophy Hall
League Season 4
Articles
Play Testing
Find play testers and see the play test guantlet here

four man querries

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
timmyhill

four man querries Empty
PostSubject: four man querries   four man querries Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 4:48 am

So I've been playing in the tourny practice room lately trying to come up with something that will win and this is as close as i can get. The worst match up it faces is mono blue contorl or black/blue control. I also dont have the lotus petals yet, any suggestions?

creatures
4x blind hunter
4x carvern harpy
4x ravenous rats
4x faceless butcher
4x mulldrifter-
4x warren pilferers-

Spells
4x oblivon ring
4x momentary blink-

artifacts
4x dimir signet
4x lotus petal

land
4x terramorphic expanse
4x orzhov basilica-
6x swamps
4x islands
2x plains
Back to top Go down
http://www.inventivewoodworks.com
Mooncalf
Master Sorcerer
Mooncalf

four man querries Empty
PostSubject: Re: four man querries   four man querries Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 6:13 am

isnt 8 artifacts for mana fixing/accelerating a bit much?

how about phyrexian rager or deep hours ninja?

cant think of anything right now
Back to top Go down
timmyhill

four man querries Empty
PostSubject: Re: four man querries   four man querries Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 8:18 pm

thats a good question mooncalf, its always been my finding that you can never have too much mana too fast... unless you draw 7 lands opening hand.

i'm suprised at how hard the deck is to play, i usually try to focus on getting the blind hunters out and then blink them a few times. but then at the same time mulldrifter is great with blink too, and then theres ravanous rats... and then the warrens the only real card that doesnt work well with blink in the deck is the faceless butcher once you play him you pretty much want to treat him like one of the oblivon rings.

so my delemia is:

do i focus on blinking

blind hunter
mulldrifter
ravonus rats
warren pilfers

when i play the deck i get the feeling that the mulldrifter takes some of the momenton of the deck away. card advantage is great but when you have a hand full of warrens and need room for the cavarn harpy it seems there is too much going on. so i'm thnkin of adding in either more removal as in echoing decay or maybe some distruption like counterspell.
Back to top Go down
andymc1
Admin
Admin

four man querries Empty
PostSubject: Re: four man querries   four man querries Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 6:09 am

Blink the butcher before his removal ability resolves. That way you remove 1 creature from the game for good and 1 the normal way Very Happy That move is still viable even if you think they might have some removal themselves to avoid your blinking manuver as you'll still be removing 1 from the game for good.

I have to agree with mooncalf on the artifacts though, when i look at the list the first thing i thought was that there are too many mana accelerators. I'd use no more than 4 myself.
Back to top Go down
https://commonsense.forum.st
timmyhill

four man querries Empty
PostSubject: Re: four man querries   four man querries Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 7:16 pm

intresting well maybe i just need more practice with the deck. it loses really bad to slivers of any kind. its kind of slow

as for the artifacts the vintage player in me loves my mana artifacts
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

four man querries Empty
PostSubject: Re: four man querries   four man querries Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

four man querries
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Common Sense :: The Clan Hall :: The Oubliette :: Deck & Format Discussions :: Classic-
Jump to: