Common Sense
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Common Sense

Clan Forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Clan Pages
 About Common Sense
 How to Join
 Trophy Hall
League Season 4
Articles
Play Testing
Find play testers and see the play test guantlet here

A brief look at whats to come for the league.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
timmyhill

A brief look at whats to come for the league. Empty
PostSubject: A brief look at whats to come for the league.   A brief look at whats to come for the league. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 8:05 pm

I've been talking with wildman4420 (HARRY) about our little league here and we came up with a few things.

1. There will be a schedule made for the whole year and it will most likely stay the same each year. There will how ever be TBD round where we can test new formats.

2. Is just a note on this current round where we are drafting. I realize that some people arent happy with thier decks and this is really thier first experence with drafting. Believe me I know all about how fustrating drafting can be, I myself have done over 30 something and i've only won 1. (went 13-1 in a darksteel draft) We are just going to ride the rest of this round out and will prolly get to drafting SHADOWMOOR early next week which will help most of you out.

3. The round lenght is a concern for me I think 4 weeks might not be long enough for people to make a deck and get it tweaked before the round is over so I'm thinking of extending them to 6 weeks each. Also this will save people tickets.

so basicly its:

4 week rounds = 12 tickets a year vs. 6 week rounds = 8 tickets a year.

Some feedback on this would nice.

4. Clan Member participation, some of you are play each round win or lose which is great. I dont know if everyone in the clan even knows about our little league. So if you see someone in the clan window who you've never talked to before please feel free to message them and tell them all about it, be ready with the link to this fourm incase they have lost it. NO ONE WILL EVER BE KICKED OUT OF THE CLAN. but if the time could come where we reach the 50 member limit and someone wanted to join this might have to be re discussed.

5. The schedule
STD
EXT
Tribal Classic
Singletion (either 60 or 100 card)
Classic
TBD

Now they dont have to be in this order and there might be a logical way to determeter the order, please offer some suggestions

6. I had a few other things but i forgot which is what i get for not writing them down. if anyone else has some concerns please let me know. This is the clan league and I can only make it better when I have feedback.
Back to top Go down
http://www.inventivewoodworks.com
wildman4420
Captain
Captain
wildman4420

PostSubject: Re: A brief look at whats to come for the league.   A brief look at whats to come for the league. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 8:20 pm

I agree more participation by clan members would be appreciated and the extension to the clan league season may well address that problem. The whole idea of the clan is to my mind is to promote pauper magic, provide friendly enviroment in which clan members can play and improve both their playing and deck building skills and have fun while they are doing so. So lets have more clan members involved in these leagues and clan activities in general as Timmy says we can't make the clan better if we don't hear what you the members think of the clan? what you would like to see done?, what you are interested in?. ITS YOUR CLAN GET INVOLVED bounce . I expect you all have ideas so lets hear them Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JMason
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A brief look at whats to come for the league.   A brief look at whats to come for the league. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 6:31 am

I have a few random thoughts.
Firstly on drafting, I think the whole spirit of the format is about dealing with the limited card supply. The way to succeed is to do more drafting and become familiar with card evaluation and learning what the priorities are (bombs, removal, evasion, mana curve etc). tstauffer is new to draft, but the deck she has was nearly good enough to beat my deck, and I have lots of draft experience. If you did draft a bad pool then don't worry, just move on and hope to make better picks the next time.
The one thing that does trouble me is that we're mixing drafts. I came up against a deck that was almost the same as mine, and this just wouldn't happen if everyone had drafted from the same pool. Different drafts are going to have different power levels, and if you play someone from a different draft you're liable to find an unbalanced matchup. If we ever draft again we should try harder to get everyone into one draft so that these sorts of problems are avoided. If we do have to have multiple drafts then we should not mix matches between the drafts.

As for the season idea, great, more time to get my decks ready. I'm not sure we need 6 week leagues if we know the schedule for the next year.
Back to top Go down
timmyhill

PostSubject: Re: A brief look at whats to come for the league.   A brief look at whats to come for the league. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 1:04 pm

your right about the drafting pool, the more at once the better but one 1 or 2 people posted that they couldnt make it. it would be intresting to see if the draftling could handle more then 8 people drafting at once.

as for the length of 6 week rounds i'm hoping that a longer round will get more people to finish up all thier allowed matches.
Back to top Go down
timmyhill

PostSubject: Re: A brief look at whats to come for the league.   A brief look at whats to come for the league. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 5:07 am

well my math seemed to be off if there are 6 rounds that are 6 weeks each thats only 36 weeks, so there would be 16 weeks left over and that is enough for 2 more 6 week rounds and 1 short 4 week round

we will use the rest of this year to explore new formats and then around december finalize the league schedual
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A brief look at whats to come for the league.   A brief look at whats to come for the league. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A brief look at whats to come for the league.
Page 1 of 1